Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's Day!


Photo Credit
I am so crazy-excited for Valentine's Day this year! I love love love hearts, I doodle them on
anything, and have finally embraced my girly love of the color pink, so I'm doubly excited. I
also can't wait to write letters and send Valentines to all the people I care about, but, like
many other people, I'm not loaded with money right now. So I came with with a list of
creative gift ideas to show some of my favorite people that I care, without spending tons of
money. (I'm not going to be doing all of these things! I'm still brainstorming.)Since I'm also working on getting the focus off of myself and showing love to others, Valentine's Day will be a perfect time for me to practice that.


My Beautiful Momma-Breakfast in bed is always awesomely sweet, and Martha Stewart makes it sweeter. I think I'm going to follow her lead and buy some of those cheap heart-shaped cookie cutters in all different sizes. I could expand on the breakfast idea, and make it for my entire family. Or cook dinner, then bake a cake, or a chocolate dessert. Decorate my house with pink and white for the day.


Photos from here.

The Siblings-Brothers:Candy; heart-shaped cookies I baked myself; taking them out for
coffee; writing them a note telling them how awesome they are...all good way to love
them.
My baby sisters-
putting together a "beauty pack" from things purchased at
the dollar store always makes them feel very grown-up. Small bouquets of flowers are great
for my sisters, and if I keep an eye out at Kroger and Wal-Mart, they heavily discount
their fresh flowers when the get close to passing their purchase date.


Photo Credit
Friends-I'm hand-making my Valentines this year (hopefully!), and mailing them out, because it's always awesome to get a card mixed in with all the junk-mail. Guy-friends love food, and it'd be sweet to send each of my girl-friends a flower, I think. Last year for Valentine's day, a friend of mine threw an Valentine's day party, for girls only. It was incredibly fun, and since she scheduled it for a few days after Valentine's Day, she was able to get all the decorations and such half-off. I'd love to do the same this year, but don't see it happening so far.

Picture Here.


Bonus Points:
Martha Stewart has a whole page of heart-shaped goodies (I think everything I cook will be heart-shaped from now on, if possible!); home-made cards; and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP